Terms and conditions of shipment:
- The Company reserves to itself full liberty as to the means, route and procedure to be followed in the performance of any service provided in the course of business undertaken subject to following conditions.
- When the Company acts as an agent on behalf of the Customer, the Company shall be entitled, and the Customer hereby expressly authorizes the Company, to enter into all and any contracts on behalf of the Customer as may be necessary or desirable to fulfil the Customers instructions, and whether such contracts are subject to the trading conditions of the parties with whom such contracts are made.
- The carriage of items is undertaken by the Carrier and we do not carry the items ourselves. We manage all aspects of the interaction with the Carrier on your behalf (including, for example, the placing of the order itself and any service complaints you may have). Accordingly, if you have any queries or issues about any order you place, you should contact Africarry Ltd (quoting your reference/tracking number where available)
- By handing over your cargo to us (Africarry), you consent to the provision of services to you and accordingly you will not be able to exercise any legal cancellation right that you may have (also known as a ‘cooling off’ right) from the point when the Consignment has left our possession.
- A party who is not a party to this agreement (such as a receiver) cannot enforce the terms to this agreement, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise
- All second hand or used electronics items, i.e. TV, Stereo, washing machines, generators etc. whether packed at delivery point by our staff or customer themselves, there is no guarantee that it will be in working condition at collection point as such no complaint will be accepted.
- All parcel and goods go through proper scanning process or X-Ray at Airport(s) any prohibited items or dangerous goods found inside parcel will be removed by security officer at airport and there is no guarantee that the item(s) will be returned to the customer. Moreover, customer will be fully responsible for any dangerous goods or prohibited items* found inside the parcel.
- All freight prices are subject to change without notice.
- Quoted delivery times are estimate and may vary
- Consignor declares that the consignment is free of any dangerous or hazardous goods as defined by regulatory bodies and by legislation
- Goods not picked within 7 days (Monday to Saturday) of offloading may be disposed off
- Goods not picked after the 7th working day from the arrival date will be subject to a charge of £0.10 per kilogram per calendar day or 0.4% of this invoice’s total payable amount per calendar day and we will still accept NO responsibility for loss or damage.
- Insufficiently packed goods shipped at owner’s risk
- Goods would only be presumed missing if not received 2 months from expected-by date
- Compensation payable for loss or damage is limited to the repair costs of the item damaged or, if lost or damaged beyond repair, the replacement costs taking account of depreciation BUT compensation shall NOT in any circumstances exceed £150. (per shipment – tracking code)
- Enhanced compensation for loss or damage is available up to a maximum of £1,500.00 compensation per a claim against any single tracking code at an extra charge of 7% of the consignment value
- Any claims for insured goods would have to be supported by original purchase receipts
- Vehicles shipped to Kampala on Roll on Roll off service are driven from Mombasa and therefore must be in a sound mechanical condition. Any repairs on broken down vehicles would be at the shippers’ expense.
- These conditions are governed by English laws and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
Non Africarry Websites – Sometimes to help You in Your experience We may include links to other non Africarry websites. As You would expect, Africarry is not responsible for the content of those websites.
There is no limit to the weight of a multi-Parcel Consignment but individual
Parcels must not exceed 30kg for pick up by Africarry Services or its agent network and
reserves the right to refuse the collection of individual items over the weight
of 30 Kilo.
- Aerosol cans / sprays
- Airbag Modules
- Animal skins / Furs / Any Animal Parts including meat / Ivory and ivory products
- Articles of exceptional value (e.g., works of art, antiques, precious stones, gold and silver)
- Box with Hazardous label – Items sent with a Hazardous label attached will be classed as such. DO NOT RE USE OLD HAZARDOUS BOXES
- Car Batteries
- Cheques or Tickets that are not named
- Dangerous goods – e.g. Explosives / Fireworks / Christmas Crackers / Radioactive Materials / Deactivated or Replica Weapons and Munitions / Firearms /
- Swords / Knives / Axe / Chainsaw / Anything with a blade larger than 1.5 inches / Weapons
- Engines / Generators / Gearboxes or any part containing or having contained oil/petrol unless flushed through
- Fire Extinguishers / Life Jackets
- Live / Dead animals
- Used Computers, Fridges and Freezers to Uganda